October 28, 2010

Halloween Costumes #5 - Wizard of Oz

Farmer's Dozen - Costume #5
2002 we were The Wizard of Oz.  The characters were The Wizard, The Wicked Witch of the West, Aunt Em, Lolipop Kid, Lion, Glinda the Good Witch of the North, Dorthy, Munchkin, Tinman and Scarcrow.  Rick was the Wizard.  For his costume I used a great, old black tux we had, with a bow tie and a top hat. For The Wicked Witch of the West's outfit, I already had a witches outfit and painted her face green, I was Dorthy's Aunt Em and used a simple dress with a plaid apron, along with a gray wig pulled back in a bun.  There was a Munchkin and a Lolipop kid, for these I used cute plaid outfits, with shorts and made a giant sucker out of Styrofoam.  For the lion, I already had a lion costume and just painted the face.  For the tin man's costume I made the shiny outfit, using a real simple p.j. type pattern.  The tin man carried an ax and had a funnel spray painted silver, with elastic attached to hold it on her head.  I painted her face silver.  The scarecrow was a darling outfit I borrowed, with straw coming out of the sleeves and at the feet.  Dorthy's outfit we bought along with the sparkly ruby slippers...Glinda the Good Witch of the North, I had a pink princess dress already and then using pictures from the movie to design the crown out of stiff plastic decorating it with silver puff paint and then gluing it in a circle to form the crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment