October 29, 2010

Halloween Costume #6 - There was an Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe

Farmer's Dozen - Halloween Costume #6
Halloween Costume #6
There was an Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe
October 2003
I of course was the old lady, Rick was the shoe.  I drew the shoe on a large cardboard box and painted it.  I attached elastic suspenders to the shoe, so Rick could "wear it".  The previous spring, the kids had been in the musical Oliver, at the local college, so I was able to borrow their professionally made orphan outfits, very cute.  Alek's outfit was actually "Oliver's" outfit, The hats for Kade and Alek we already had.  Nice expression Claire! I wore the sign around my neck that had the poem on it which read:
There was an old lady who lived in a shoe.
She had so many children, she didn't know what to do;
She gave them some broth, without any bread;
She kissed them gently and sent them to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment